Dear Parents and/or Guardians:
I would like to personally welcome you and your child and/or children to the 2019-2020 school year. Hopefully your children are well rested and ready to embark on an exciting and challenging school year of growth, both physically and academically. The dedicated staff of Woolls Intermediate strive each day to make a difference in every child. The students at Woolls are able to experience high levels of success and self-actualization because of the positive learning environment provided.
I believe that as parents and staff working together collaboratively that our children will reach their potential. Therefore, I would like to encourage you to be an active participant in all school events or volunteering your time. When you do come to school please remember you will be required to show a picture identification card and sign in before going to any location on campus for the safety of our students. We will then give you a visitor and/or volunteer badge to wear. Please feel free to contact me at 830-426-7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I am looking forward to a great year of working and learning together.
Principal, Woolls Intermediate
Woolls Intermediate recognizes parents as partners in providing all children with a quality education. Woolls Intermediate respects the unique knowledge and experience of parents knowing that they are the first and most important teachers in their children's lives.
To ensure that parents are actively involved in their children's education, it is the policy of Woolls Intermediate:
- To create a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for parents.
- To convene an annual meeting to acquaint parents with the campus, their children's teachers, instruction and programs including Title One programs
- To provide multiple methods to communicate important information to parents to keep them informed of programs, curriculum, and academic assessments used to measure student progress and the state's academic content and achievement standards. All information oral or written related to school parent programs will be provided in a format and language that the parents can understand.
- To provide parents with opportunities to volunteer at Woolls Intermediate following the volunteer guidelines which include a criminal history check for all volunteers.
- To ensure that parenting training and activities focus on enabling the parents to assist their children in achieving success.
- To provide opportunities for parents to be involved at various levels in planning and decision making and also provide timely and repeated opportunities for parents to provide feedback to the school.
- To serve as a referral resource for parents to enable them to locate the services they need for a safe and healthy family.